I am so picky when it comes to deodorant, and have never found my favorite kind abroad. I typically travel with a full size tube when I'll be gone for a long time, but this technique is better for shorter trips. It's also a great way to customize the scent of your deodorant. Just buy an unscented stick and add your own essential oils or fragrance for a custom scent. Want to eliminate chemicals from your deodorant? Check out this chemical-free recipe from Scratch Mommy.
- Twist your big deodorant tube so that the deodorant sticks out. I guesstimated the amount by comparing the amount sticking out to the size of my tiny tube.
- Cut straight across the top of the big tube to get your chunk of deodorant to melt.
- Put chunk in the glass bowl and microwave. I put mine in for 15 seconds and it was just right. Err on the side of low because you don't want to get your deodorant smoking hot.
- Once melted, add your fragrances, but make sure the liquid isn't too hot. High temperatures make essential oils evaporate.
- Hold your empty tube over the sink and carefully pour in the liquid. I spilled some, just wipe it up with paper towels before it cools
- Wait for it to cool. If you're impatient, stick it in the fridge.
- Whenever you run out, just melt more to refill it!